New laptop HDD password, HELP!

flipins

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
So I just bought a laptop on ebay a few days ago, it was completely beat up when I got it, but now I have it looking like new. 20 dollars, 720p resolution, all good. I turned it on and everything works, but there is a BIOS password. And I was like "ahh" so I spent a few good hours working on removing that password and ended up making a jumper and connecting a couple solders on the back of the motherboard and the bios password vanished completely, I now have access to the BIOS and I see that this laptop is acually worth something, 4gb ddr3 ram, 500gb hard drive, core i3 processor, pretty good for 20 dollars. But my issue is, the hard drive has a password on it and I did not steal this, it is legit mine because I bought if off of ebay. So when I turn it on, it comes up with bios screen then just a blue rectangle saying Please enter SSD/HDD password. I do not know this password obviosly, I have entered the ones that people say may work like "toshiba" "password" but none works. Please tell me a way I can get into my own hard drive without breaking the bank and buying a new one!

alz_solstice

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
First of all, you just messed with your laptop. Because of that, you might have VOIDed your warranty. Bad option men, you could have send it back to eBay or asked for help for your problem. Secondly, sorry but we can't help you with that because it is in the THW's rule.

flipins

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013

There is no warrenty on it, I knew that it would be broken because that is what the guy said it was, so I cannot return a item for being broken that I bought for being broken.