Need help with Flight Simulator (and other games) and triple monitor!

ebaydan777

Honorable
Jun 11, 2014
Hey everyone, let me start this off with my pcparts build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pYXbRB

I have everything there except for the second graphics card with will be SLI'd later, for now just the one 780, and I have 2 of the asus monitors (buying the third next week).

I play a lot of FPS games but also racing and flight simulator X! I see a ton of times the cockpit or FPS stretched over 3 screens.

Does something like FSX need a triplehead2go ($300 :/ ) or will Nvidia Surround make all 3 work and stretch the cockpit fully like this: http://www.ecps.com.au/racing/sim/IMG_0316.JPG

Thanks for your help!!

Solution
FS X is a cpu constrained game. The 4790K is an excellent choice. FS X will benefit from more cores and more speed, but anything faster is going to cost significantly more for not much more speed.

Check the specs of the 780 on Nv's website, but a single card should be able to support 3 monitors, so you shouldn't need any of that rubbish. To run that sort of rez you will benefit from a 2nd card.

ebaydan777

Honorable
Jun 11, 2014
and with my card running surround and 3 monitors can/will it run all 3 monitors together to create that widescreen cockpit. So does ONE GTX 780 run 3 screens at 5760x1080 until I get a second gfx card for a little more power?

mrmez

Splendid
FS X is a cpu constrained game. The 4790K is an excellent choice. FS X will benefit from more cores and more speed, but anything faster is going to cost significantly more for not much more speed.

Check the specs of the 780 on Nv's website, but a single card should be able to support 3 monitors, so you shouldn't need any of that rubbish. To run that sort of rez you will benefit from a 2nd card.

Solution

ebaydan777

Honorable
Jun 11, 2014
so once i get the third monitor and plug in displayport, the NVIDIA surround will work and allow my games and FSX to stretch crisply across all 3 screens? I will be getting the second GPU about a month later so am hoping I can play with 3 until then.