Heavy video rendering, i7 questions.

Vote for the CPU that pertains to my needs.

• i7-4790k Devil's Canyon

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • i7-4930k Ivy Bridge-E

• Stick with AMD FX-8120

• Total voters

bananachips

Reputable
May 16, 2014
So guys, I'm planning a new build and plan to go Intel and nVidia again instead of AMD like I had not too long. I have a good amount of money to spend. I am a gamer as well as heavily rendering videos. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not intensely using Sony Vegas. Also I use programs such as Autodesk Inventor, ProE and various other CAD applications. So my question is, should I got for the i7-4790k? Or the i7-4930k? I can afford either including motherboard and 16Gb of RAM along with a GTX 780. So I was wondering, are the 2 extra cores in the 4930k worth the extra $200USD over the Devil's Canyon? Like I said I can afford either CPU, but the thing is, I'm kind of a penny pincher. The reason I'm going with a 780 is because even though I have a decent amount of money to spend, I just cannot afford a Quadro card to be honest. So if you guys could, let me know what you think and some of the benefits of the 2 CPUs that are NOTICEABLE. I don't care about a few FPS gaming here and there, I just would like to know how I can accelerate my Video Editting software and CAD applications. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! :D

Gbz Goldenboyz

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
Go for amd fx processer they are best for rendering and comes with 8 cores u dont mind the cost but amd cheaper than i7 and u can also get god gfx card if u spent low on cpu and also on ram the main reason for recommending fx is that they are factory unlocked and easy to over clock go ahead and feel the amd speed iam using fx 8320 and the speed is incredible it will boot up with in 1 to 10 seconds and u should notice that iam using m5a97 le r2.0 with it so i can get speed u will get more speed on a sabertooth thats all for now its my personal experience

bananachips

Reputable
May 16, 2014
The thing is, I have to have something for work using Autodesk Inventor ASAP and this AMD FX-8120 doesn't seem to be cutting it since we're going into full-time modeling and have to finish projects left and right. Seems like I'm left in the dust right now. :'( I've used my friend's 3930k rig before for Inventor and it hauls some serious balls. I would wait for Haswell-E and DDR4 but I need something now, hence why I posted and came to you guys. Also I have a bunch of DDR3 RAM and don't feel like putting money into RAM. I'm a penny pincher and hate it. :/ Thanks for the replies though! I just want to know some of the benefits of each of the above CPUs. thanks again, friends.