Your question

people can hear sound through my pc??

Tags:
  • Microphone
  • Audio
  • Speakers
Last response: in Home Audio
August 22, 2014 4:46:23 AM

i have tried everything to get my PC to stop taking audio from my speakers and play it through the microphone. when ever i talk to my friends on Skype steam or any other form they can hear the sound coming from my PC I have even unpluged my mic and they can still hear my music??
I also have the listen to this device turned off in the control panel.

More about : people hear sound

August 27, 2014 7:05:26 AM

hi,
if you right click on sound icon->playback devices->Communications-> try to set it to mute all other sounds
September 7, 2014 3:05:15 PM

stefsom said:
hi,
if you right click on sound icon->playback devices->Communications-> try to set it to mute all other sounds

no sadly this did not work
Related resources
September 12, 2014 1:08:34 PM

Sounds like a driver issue to me. Check to make sure the driver is up to date. It could also be a problem with the way the driver handles things in general. Switching to a different driver might fix the problem. But, these might only work if this is a driver issue.

It could very well be something else, but if no one else has any ideas to try, I'd start there.
September 12, 2014 1:10:12 PM

try the audio jack in the front and in the back, is there any difference?
September 12, 2014 1:23:02 PM

Beezy said:
try the audio jack in the front and in the back, is there any difference?

Just had a two ideas because of yours, Beezy.

1) Try a USB audio card (if you aren't using one now), or switch to the motherboard (if you're using a USB card. Switching the hardware that delivers the audio might solve the problem. If so, then...
2) If there is any "bleeding" from the signal of your output to your input, that could cause this problem on the hardware end. This is very unlikely, but it could happen. If your hardware is old, or cheaply built, this is a possibility; albeit fairly unlikely.