BSOD when turning on/off audio engine (dump inside).

CaptainUnderdog

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Im getting frequently BSOD when mixing songs and it happened once again tonight. The interesting part is that it happened when I had turned off the audio engine in my DAW (Ableton Live 8) and when I then turned it back on the computer crashed on me.

I have contacted M-audio about this but they just blew me off basically, super bad and lazy support.

I've added the BSOD dump here (speedyshare download): Mini dump

Computer:
Audio: M-audio Delta 192 (win7 64bit driver)
Mobo: ga 990fxa-ud5
CPU: AMD Fx-8320
Graphics: AMD Radeon XFX HD7700

Programs:
Ableton Live 8 (32bit) (master mode)
Propellerheads Reson 5 (32 bit) (in slave mode)

Let me know if you guys need any more info!

Regards,
Ben

bugcheck was in
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\MAudioDelta.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jan 25 18:32:22 2012

M-Audio Delta sound card
update from http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver
looks like Delta Audiophile 192 03/15/2012 6.0.8 (PC) was the last version for that system.

only other thing you could do is make sure your graphics card sound support is not interfering with that device.
go to your windows control panel, device manager and locate any high definition audio devices that you don't have a speaker connected to and disable them.
(ie look at your AMD high definition audio for your graphics card and disable if not in use)

- if the people consider it a dead product they will not make any more updated drivers and you have to find another device.

CaptainUnderdog

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

Thank you so much for looking into this, Johnbl! So it was the drivers after all, just as I thought..

Unfortunately I have already disabled all of the unused soundcards (AMD High Definition + Gigabytes internal Realtek soundcard). I've also check the IRC number and from what I can see the M-audio does not share it with another device.

So there is not much to do then.. other than keep bugging M-audio staff about this issue.

The device is so old, it is unlikely that they will ever make a new device driver for that device. It might be better to look for a new device that has will be supported for the next 3-5 years.