mini-ITX in micro-ATX case Dell Inspiron 530

ultimatemhd

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 (micro-ATX case) which has almost 6 year old components it. I have decided to replace the motherboard with an ASUS P8H77-I which is a mini-ITX board.

I have gone through many forums about the compatibility of mini-ITX in micro-ATX case and it seems that it is compatible but i have a GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 670 3X which i want to install on the board.

Now my doubt is whether i can fit the GPU inside the case properly because i think the HDD will interfere inbetween. I just want to make sure if i can replace or i have to go for a new case. I need suggestions fast guys so please help me out.

Thank You,

ebl1298877258.jpg

5141.IMG_5F00_0831.JPG

Rammy

Honorable
On at ITX board your graphics card would be in an identical position to where it is currently - try the GTX670 and see.

If it doesn't fit due to the HDD sitting there, you can move the HDD relatively easily and move it somewhere else. There's a bunch of solutions but the easy one might be to get a 5.25" to 3.5" adaptor and stick the HDD in there.

If the cooler is touching on the frame (this seems pretty likely) then there's not a lot you can do without cutting holes in it. New case would certainly be the best option - and might well be a good idea as you'll get some nice performance/usability benefits.