really mods? get trolled often?

For my own edification, should we report all posts in Components forum that ask for builds so that mods can close and redirect the OP to Systems forum? :) I can see several just on the first page - hopefully the mods can be proactive and not wait for them all to be reported.

TBH, normally we move stuff like that. Or just leave it in there - Components gets pretty high traffic, not like if someone tossed it in Opinions & Experiences.

I believe that in this case it was more about the new build request form not being present, and the thread being severely derailed (both by a pile of mods and random5). There's not much useful content lost in that thread.

I didn't see any advocacy of piracy; in fact I suggested a particular free OS I've installed a couple times myself. The OP's request did not specify or imply piracy. Yes, we know it is more common in certain parts of the world, and/or degree of enforcement varies as well, but I didn't see anything that broke the rules. I thought the possibility of trolling was a lot more likely.