Watch_Dogs the Video Game, Budget PC tips.

30 FPS or 60 FPS

• 60 FPS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30 FPS

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Depends on the game.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Rugl

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
So back in May, Watch_Dogs was released by Ubisoft. It's a pretty good game, no? Well if you haven't seen any gameplay and are planning to play, but not quite sure if your system is ready? Let me give you some tips from a buyer's perspective and not a critic or computer wizard!

First off, specs. You need good specs to play this game (when it looks beautiful).

As a budget gamer, here are my recommended specs.
3.0 GHz processor at the least.
Anything that is a GTX 650/750 and UP (for the game to be played and still look good).
6 GB of ram, 8 is highly recommended for ALL users.
A gamepad is what makes the game a lot easier to play.
Windows 7 and UP (Vista causes problems)
At least 20 GB of HDD space.

Now if you are using these specs, you'd be able to play this game at the lowest quality at a good 45-55 FPS, which is lovely to the PC gamer's eye.

Now assuming you have seen the settings of the game and know how it runs, there is one setting that REALLY impacts your PC. The level of detail, is basically just the OBJECT RENDER DISTANCE, and this really affects gameplay if increased.

I recommend playing on a 1280x720/1366x768 display so you can run this decently.

Now you can change settings to Ultra, set shadows to medium/high depending on how your PC can handle it.
Switch Level of Detail to medium/low depending on your PC and fps recommendations.

THESE work perfect on budget PC's since even on Next-Gen consoles the games only run 30 fps (without drops). If you follow my settings and have the specs, you will run the game at a good 30 FPS. People with super-uber-beefy juiced PC's can run watch dogs at 60Fps, but the game is beautiful at 30 still.

Sorry that this isnt really a request or answer, I hope this would help.

Rugl

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014

Well if you are considering the story and the functions, yeah. What Ubisoft did was brilliant, and you can't argue. It's one of the few games that looks good on a next-gen title. Of course their are others and better ones but a game in consisted of its genre and play-type.