YouTube name opinions?

Greysonj

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
I'm thinking about using "BozPop" as my YouTube channel name. I liked it at first, but now I'm questioning it. Is it stupid? At first, I thought it was quick, memorable, and different. But now, I'm starting to feel like it's just plain stupid. What do you guys think? Don't be afraid to be honest, I can take it XD

I personally think the name is a bit "out there" myself. while it does sound a bit "upbeat" it also doesnt really sound like a name you want to try and build a successful channel around.

if you do not mind suggestions.... you could use greyson in your channel name as that does sound nice. for example if you did tech reviews it could be GreysonTech which sounds very professional. or if you did gaming it could be GreysonGames which also has a professional sound to it.

a few popular channel names for reference.....

buzzfeed (random top 10 lists)
mavireck (documentaries)
mmohut (mmo game reviews)
pewdiepie (gaming)
machinima (gaming)
jacksepticeye (gaming)
cryaotic (gaming)
markiplier (gaming)
vsauce (random facts, products and cool videos to watch)
TheDMsCraft (dungeons and dragons set crafting)
Good Mythical Morning (family friendly and interesting morning show)

generally channels with more serious content have more serious channel names while goofy channels often have goofy names. not always the case but quite commonly true. so if you want a serious channel i'd pick something serious. if you want a goofy channel then pick something goofy.

Greysonj

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014

That's my problem. I want to do tech AND gaming so I'm trying to think of something kind of neutral.

you may want to do as some of the other big youtube names do:

crosslink two youtube accounts. one for gaming and one for tech/personal.

ie... greysontech can be crosslinked with greysongames.

if you plan on having a buttload of content this can keep things easier to find/view on the viewers end.

however if you only plan on a small amount of content... having one channel would be ideal. you could pick a neutral name.

you could use things such as hobbies, personal likes/dislikes, country of origin, nicknames, pet names, games you play, screenames, etc as possible ideas. as i do not know you or what you like... i can only make vague comments on what i think of what you listed so far.