my cpu is not working on crt monitor.

jaydeep18894

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Before sometime my pc is working properlly but one day i was working on pc and suddenlly monitor stop working it does not display anything.i was attach my monitor with my friend laptop .. i found that monitor is working properlly. I was attach my uncle lcd monitor then i found that my cpu is also working propelly. But when i attach my cpu with my monitor then it does not display any thing.. what happen????

Cpu-i3 processor , 4 gb rab ,500 gb hardisk .no graphic card.

Crt monitor..

Solution
If you don't know your CRT's resolutions, you can safely set your resolution to 640 X 480 and 60 Hz. There are virtually no CRTs left in the market that will not work at those settings.

If the CRT works at that resolution, the system will auto-detect what resolutions the monitor can handle, and you can select the highest or recommended resolution. (they are different, some CRTs could output higher than recommended, but the image quality could suffer.)

It's advisable to replace the CRT soon, they are heavy energy hogs and have not been made in a while, except for possibly limited numbers for limited uses where for some reason a flat panel won't work. (Only thing I can think of is a legacy light-gun cabinet) A new monitor is not...
Check your resolution and refresh rates. You could have changed to setting that is not compatible with your CRT.
You can damage a CRT if you set them to a mode the CRT does not support, especially too high refresh rates can instantly kill a CRT. Be sure your video modes are set within specs of your CRT.

Saberus

Distinguished
If you don't know your CRT's resolutions, you can safely set your resolution to 640 X 480 and 60 Hz. There are virtually no CRTs left in the market that will not work at those settings.

If the CRT works at that resolution, the system will auto-detect what resolutions the monitor can handle, and you can select the highest or recommended resolution. (they are different, some CRTs could output higher than recommended, but the image quality could suffer.)

It's advisable to replace the CRT soon, they are heavy energy hogs and have not been made in a while, except for possibly limited numbers for limited uses where for some reason a flat panel won't work. (Only thing I can think of is a legacy light-gun cabinet) A new monitor is not expensive, and supports resolutions that rival the best CRTs could ever offer, and the power savings alone might cover the cost after a year.

Solution