Need help in buying monitor.

Ali_uae

Distinguished
Hello, I am confused about the monitor, please help me out. Below are my pc specs.

PSU - Seasonic X-750 [80+ Gold]
M/B - Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU - Intel i5-4690K
Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RED 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1866/CL9
Optical Drive - LG Combo
HDD - Western Digital Black 1TB 7200RPM
SSD - Samsung 850 PRO 256GB
VGA - EVGA GTX 780Ti Dual Classified w/ACX Cooler
Chassis - Cooler Master HAF X

---

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
- UAE

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
- Games, Movies, etc.

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
- not sure.

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
- don't know.

5. How much are you looking to spend?
- around 2000 dhs [550 $]

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc.)
- ASUS

Solution

Yea, the VG248QE is a good example, but I recommend getting the BenQ XL2411Z because it had been refreshed early this year, where as the ASUS has not had a refresh since early 2013.. The BenQ runs for around the same price as the VG248QE, but in my opinion, the BenQ has better color and a lot less input lag.

bluejayek

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
Before we can really help you out beyond just tossing names of decent monitors, you really need to provide a few details about what your priorities are in a monitor.

1) Do you play a lot of fast paced games such as first person shooters?

If you do, you may be interested in a monitor with fast response times. Looking at TN panel monitors such as the ASUS ROG Swift that was linked above would be a good place to start if this is your priority. However, I think that particulra monitor may fall outside your price range. The ASUS VG278HE would also be a good choice.

2) Do you care a lot about the color accuracy and reporpduction on your monitor? You said you do photo editing, this may be important. If this is the case, then you may want to look at IPS panels. They have slower response times, so may not be as well suited to first person shooter type games, but generally have significantly improved colors. For this, consider the asus PB278Q http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236294

tmacg55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

That ASUS ROG Swift will be priced at $800.

I would recommend with a budget like yours either get a good [TN] 144hz gaming monitor such as this- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014375&cm_re=144hz-_-24-014-375-_-Product

Or if you seek after a monitor designed for productivity that needs accurate color representation for tasks that deal with video editing, photoshop, or animation then go with an [IPS] monitor. Something like this- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX1PC6175&cm_re=29%22_wide_monitor-_-24-236-347-_-Product

Hope this helps :)

bluejayek

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
He did say he would prefer asus which is why I linked that monitor.

Also, is an ultrawide really a good suggestion for somebody with so general requirements? I have seen them as something of a niche product.

tmacg55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Yea, the VG248QE is a good example, but I recommend getting the BenQ XL2411Z because it had been refreshed early this year, where as the ASUS has not had a refresh since early 2013.. The BenQ runs for around the same price as the VG248QE, but in my opinion, the BenQ has better color and a lot less input lag.

Solution