GTX 780 1080p triple monitor gaming.

Paperplate Mask

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
I'm sure this has been asked before, I wasn't able to find what I needed to know so sorry for the new thread.

Running a single GTX 780 ( for now ) at 1080p. I would like to run triple monitors and I know nvidia can be a little goofy when it comes to different displays but I currently own a Acer G246HL. I'd like to add two more monitors but with HDMI as an option. Would using two Acer S241HL 's with the G246HL be ok ? Same resolution, same size screen, same detentions, 60hz.

I'd think yes but I'm sure someone here has done it before and could give me a heads up. Thanks guys

Solution

It shouldn't be a problem but if you want it smoothly, they have to have the same refresh rate, response time and resolution.

Paperplate Mask

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
Thank you guys for a quick response, I think we might be missing my question though. I know a single gpu would struggle but my question is would the monitors being different models conflict and cause any issues ?

It shouldn't be a problem but if you want it smoothly, they have to have the same refresh rate, response time and resolution.

Solution

GRUxTSAR

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014

It shouldn't cause any issues, but personally I would only use 3 of the same

Paperplate Mask

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
JoeTeoh99 Thanks. This is what I was wondering. A few reviews I had seen discussing this would only say the three monitors had to be identical. But Nvidias site just says it's recommended and could cause issues. Based on that I assumed exactly what you said and just wanted to clarify.