Amasty

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
6300 vishera cpu
EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 760
Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2133
Cooler master storm stryker full size atx case
700w psu
All I need to do is decide on the mobo and hdd/ssd ( I think not sure if im missing anything else).Any suggestions are welcome and I'm thinking of upping my cpu to the 8300 but im not sure it's really worth it considering I can just grab a nice aftermarket cooler and oc the cpu to 4.5Ghz.

I'm going to be building this comp part by part so im not really running off a budget for each part except the gpu which im not really willing to go any higher or considering switching to a amd card (no im not a fanboy I just stick with what I know and that just happens to be nvidia).

This is my first build and im hoping it will last be a very long time which is why im going with the 16gb of ram and the somewhat high end gpu im really unsure about the moba because like I said this is my first complete build and not just a quick psu/gpu upgrade on a prebuilt rig (which is what im using lol).

If anyone can help me pick out a mobo to match this I would be forever grateful and tell me if I'm missing anything critical. I'm fairly new to all this and any help would be great :).

Pr3di

Honorable
Where are you buying parts from? What is your budget? Do you need an OS? Is the build mainly for gaming?
The PSU has no details, so it might be good quality, or crap.

The build looks OK, but you might be able to get more out of your money if you answer my questions.

Systembot_47

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Do a bit of research on boards mate and see what you find. I got mine together after a good month of looking around on the diff forums/YT vids. Its best to get a list together and see what you prefer, compared to what others say.
Heres a starting point, go with ATX if you are running SLI/CF or M-ATX if just one card. You don't need to watercool if you are not overclocking. and a solid heatsink/aircooler is around 50$. h87/97 is non O/C boards and z87/97 is designed for overclocking. you can get an H87 board for around 100$. And go SSD. Around 1-3 minutes bootup using a HDD compared to less than 30 seconds with an SSD. I say 1-3 to count from the windows loading screen, to being able to use the damn thing.

TRENDING THREADS