Which screen comes with M14xR1 and M14XR2

404NoobNotFound

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
Hi Guys,
This might look like a foolish question.
But i want to know what screen comes with M14XR1 and M14XR2.
I recently had some issues with my alienware M14XR1 laptop (dead pixels on the screen).
So they (dell service center) replaced it with a new screen (ofcourse refurbished one). I start using that but it doesn't feel quite right. It was too bright, when i reduce the brightness (huring my eyes), it wasn't very pleasing to my eye.
The current screen is LG.
And i remember that previous one was Samsung.
I called to dell help desk. And they ask me to come to their Service Center. Just want to comfirm Whether i am thinking is correct or not - "They put R2 screen in R1"
So they won't take me as a fool at their service center.

Solution
Yeah, how are you able to determine the LCD is an LG? When a part is replaced, they may have different manufacturers that develop the exact same part with the same specs.

They're only labeled refurbished due to law. Once they take any replacement part out of original packaging, it has to be labeled "refurbished", and they do that because they are stored in a warehouse.

Service tag of the machine?

real ace

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2012
How do you know that the current screen is lg??.Logically they should replace it with a dell screen .I assume you have sorted out this issue by now ,care to share what happened at the service centre.I think the r2 would have had a dell screen only.

saywhut

Honorable
Sep 11, 2014
Yeah, how are you able to determine the LCD is an LG? When a part is replaced, they may have different manufacturers that develop the exact same part with the same specs.

They're only labeled refurbished due to law. Once they take any replacement part out of original packaging, it has to be labeled "refurbished", and they do that because they are stored in a warehouse.

Service tag of the machine?

Solution

404NoobNotFound

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014

Solved.
You can see the info in Hardware monitor (or any other hardware related software).
They replaced it back to the one that I wanted long back (Forget to update here).