Budget gaming pc under 500€

DImitris1

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
Hello Tom's Hardware Community.

My old computer starts to show its age,so i'll decided to build a new one and i need your opinion on this.

First Of all,as the tittle says this build is going to be used only for gaming,my main point is to run old games like lineage2,league of legends etc. at high settings,and upcoming games like Mirrors edge 2 in medium settings if not 1080,then 720p with a playble frame rate.
Im gonna build this by december as soon as i raise the money needed.

No overclocking anything, just gaming.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Y8WRwP

For the CPU.I could just go with the Athlon x4 760k but in opinion the fx 6300 can be a better choise with 6 cores instead.

For the gpu i am between the gtx650,gtx670 and the radeon r7 260. which one is going to be more effective,but also compatible with the power consumptions of the psu's i list bellow.

For the RAM. 4 gigs of 1600mhz ram,corsair dominator.

Now for the power supply. I have to great psu's to compare.First the Corsair CX430w vs be quiet! System power 7,which is 400w,really good psu brands as i know,same price range but will they be able to power up my system?If yes,which of these two is the best and more efficient?

For the storage.I'll just pick a normal hdd like 300 gigs or more,i dont need too much space since i have a 2tb external hard drive.

For the optical drive.Just a cheap one since i do not use CD's , just for the Operating System installation,and the hardware drives.

For the case.Since its a budge build im going again with the cheapest one case, Asus Vento TA-822.

For the OS.I'll get windows 7 from a friend for free.

This is going to be my build.What are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading my thread,sorry if you got tired reading it,and sorry for my mistakes,english is not my first language.

Also if you want to suggest me some better parts or EVERYTHING you want , feel free to ask me.

Once again,thanks alot for reading my topic.

plywrlw

Admirable
This is a good combination of parts. XFX PSUs are made by Seasonic so are great quality.
The r7 260x is the equivalent of a HD 7790 so is a fair bit above a 250x and is based on the new Bonnaire chip set which supports True Audio and Mantle.
You will need a cooler with the fx6300 as the stock ones are awful.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (€85.90 @ Caseking)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS10X OPTIMA CPU Cooler (€26.44 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (€73.60 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€72.58 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€40.04 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card (€118.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case (€37.18 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€47.83 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer (€15.29 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €517.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-25 23:45 CEST+0200

plywrlw

Admirable
Oh and to answer your original post the corsair CX series are horrible but the model of be Quiet! you mentioned isn't much better. The XFX I put in the build is a lot better than either!