SAMSUNG U28D590D Stand Removal

escoe

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
I'm trying to remove the stand for my SAMSUNG U28D590D and cant figure out how to get the neck out of the monitor panel. Directions say to pound stand base with my first, dunno what that means.

standremov.png

back.jpg

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
That's the first time I've seen an electronics instruction manual use the term "pound"!

The instructions are suggesting that once you have it face down on a soft cloth, you grasp the bottom of the base neck (the part of the base that leads into the monitor) with one hand, and then, following the direction arrow shown, whack the silver metal prongs that form the base of the stand. So, if the monitor was still in its normal position, on a desk, the whacking hand would be traveling vertically downwards towards the silver base. Hope that helps.

Naturally you'd want to whack/pound it gently at first, and increase the force gradually until it separates.

escoe

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011

When you say "whack the metal prongs", which part exactly are you saying I should hit? Thanks!

byza

Honorable

You need to the the part the looks like a T. I would hit one side side then the other. I imagine it is to vibrate it out so you shouldn't have to hit too hard, just firm.

TRENDING THREADS