Questions about choosing a monitor for gaming

FknPitsy

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
Hey all, I'm looking at getting a new monitor for the PC I'm going to build and I'm reading a few conflicting things. Just looking for a little clarification, or help.

A few people have said they like the IPS panels for their better colours, so I was swinging toward getting one of those. They typically have longer response times though and some people have said that 2ms is a must, where others say 5ms is fine.

Guess I'm asking whether it's worth me buying the IPS with the slower response, or go for a TA for less and get the quicker response with worse colours.

The IPS panels with <5ms are a little out of my price-range, unfortunately.

Thanks

Solution

It will be very very minimal and better colors will look nicer. The only time i'd recommend a tn panel is if you play only cs go comp and want the little boost in your gameplay.

FknPitsy

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
Thanks for the response (no pun intended).

So the monitor I was looking at is a 5ms, as opposed to the 2ms of the other panels. In your opinion then, that response time won't even be noticeable?

ruecklm14

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013

It will be very very minimal and better colors will look nicer. The only time i'd recommend a tn panel is if you play only cs go comp and want the little boost in your gameplay.

Solution