Aug 26, 2014
I own a CORSAIR CMV4GX3M1A1600C11 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ PC3-12800
Voltage: 1.5V
Latency: 11-11-11-30

I want to combine it with a MUSHKIN 992101 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ PC3-12800
Voltage: 1.5V
Latency: 11-11-11-28

- Will they work in dual channel?
- Will my Bios (ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 RETAIL) recognise it automatically or will i have to set the MUSHKIN at 30ns manually?

byza

Honorable
It might work dual channel, but probably not. DDR3 doesn't really play nice together, even if it were the same brand, series, timings and model it might not work. Say you take 10 modules off a production line, 4 might work together and go into a 4 module pack and the rest will go in one and two module packs. Pretty much you won't know unless you try it, but it's unlikely.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
It's a crapshoot if they will play together at all, if not, you might get them to play with voltage /timing adjustments - if you try and have problems give me a shout

Byza - nice explanation - sounds familiar :)

byza

Honorable
Haha, I was previously quoting your explanation and giving you source credit, but I lost the link from when you explained it to me the first time so now i've just claimed it as my own.

I was actually going to PM you with a link to this question because I was wondering about the effects in single channel. Now i'll just 'appropriate' this explanation too ;)

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Byza:

No worries, in general dual channel can provide up to about a 10-15% boost over single channel with Intel, Amd is generally closer to maybe a +10%

C U Around, is another expression I use at times and starting to see it pop up also ;)