When I have a GPU in my system it seems to crash

xchrillenx

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014
Okay, so this has been happening for a while now. I've taken it to a computer repair store for a crashing problem multiple times, and the only thing they told me might be the problem was my GPU because it was out of date. I previously had an NVidea GeForce GT 640 (Zotac 2GB edition), which after this information I saved up to get a Sapphire Dual-X R9 280, lets just say that didn't fix the problem. Even after the huge upgrade to my GPU I'm still getting the crashes, but what makes me continue to believe that it's the Graphics Card is that when I don't have one in the system runs fine. It's running on Intel HD 4000 graphics but it doesn't crash. So, is this a problem with my graphics card, or something else?

GPU: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&pid=2194&lid=1
CPU: http://ark.intel.com/products/65520
Mother board: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM: 8GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU: Corsair CX 600 Watt
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Yous

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
I assume that you didn't OC anything. Does it crash when you do something in particular or is it completely random? Also, have you tried removing the driver completely and reinstalling it? Uninstalling the driver through Windows doesn't uninstall it completely, let me know if you don't know how to. I'm not an expert, but it seems like the issue is not the GPU here, so I'll try to help you figure out what it is.

xchrillenx

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

1. Nope, I didn't OC
2. It sometimes hits when i'm gaming wheather it be LoL, Risen 3, etc. But sometimes it also happens when i'm just watching anime. Also rarely it consecutively crashes. It'll crash, boot up, and crash again.
3. Until now i didn't have the software so I hadn't but I'm currently using Display Driver Uninstaller

Yous

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
Reinstall it and let me know if anything changes. I doubt it will, but it's worth a shot. If nothing changes, run a memtest to see if your memory is making any issues. I don't know what's up so far.

xchrillenx

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

Reinstall the AMD Drivers right? And how do I run a memtest, i'm trying to burn a CD for it but it says the burn IMG is invalid

*I did a windows memtest and there were no problems supposedly, but i don't know if that is totally reliable.

Yous

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014

Not sure what the error message is about, I put mine on a USB stick when I did it. Can you do that? If not, just google the problem, not sure what's up.

Latest posts