If you get too many ads on your site, i will block it in Google, and they will put you down the list. It's just getting f'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneforall

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014
As title -- If you get too many ads on your site (tomshardware), i will block it in Google, and they will put you down the list. It's just getting f'ing stupid now.

oneforall

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

Well, fair enough, but i think you will find I am NOT the only person affected. This time not so bad, but on my last visit things were just a bit crazy. It started with an advert that blocked out everything, then I couldn't click white-space anywhere to give focus (so I could scroll) without getting pop-up ads, and of course there were jiggly adverts distracting everywhere else, ads between Forum lines, etc. (Ps: it's a new PC with AV, and I'm a vet programmer, so no viruses).

I have found solutions on tomshardware before, so I like it, but I think a protest is overdue when the site bean counter gets a little too greedy for the site's good -- because i for one went and got my solution elsewhere, and when others do too, then it doesn't do anyone any good.

I'm sure I will get a nasty reply, but for what it's worth, I think I'm doing you a favour.

I expected my question to be moderated and perhaps my protest to filter through. So I guess I'm grateful at least some people have seen it. Keep up the good work and keep the bean counters in check.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Also, if you give me the name of the ad you had problems with, I'm happy to send it over to the sales guys. Sometimes ads come through that aren't working right with some user setups, and they have to be removed. We use ad revenue to pay reporters and keep the servers running (nominally), so we can't get rid of them all, but we can make certain there aren't issues.

-JP

kanjianpeo

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014
Right, will get a nasty reply, but for what it's worth, I think I'm doing you a favour.
2QF7mT

Status
Not open for further replies.