What cables do I need to setup two monitors?

Solution

That would just mirror the signal to both monitors, surely?

Karmvir Cheema: if you want an extended desktop (different things on each monitor, as opposed to the two monitors displaying the exact same thing) then it would be easiest to use a separate cable for each monitor. Use an HDMI or DVI to your rl2455hm and then a separate cable to your other Benq monitor; you didn't mention the model, so check what kind of inputs it accepts (most likely DVI).

karmvir cheema

Reputable
May 30, 2014

was thinking of that but why is the dvi spliiters so short, on ebay they look like they wont reach to my other montior + to my pc.

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014

That would just mirror the signal to both monitors, surely?

Karmvir Cheema: if you want an extended desktop (different things on each monitor, as opposed to the two monitors displaying the exact same thing) then it would be easiest to use a separate cable for each monitor. Use an HDMI or DVI to your rl2455hm and then a separate cable to your other Benq monitor; you didn't mention the model, so check what kind of inputs it accepts (most likely DVI).

Solution
He said his R9 270 already has 2 DVI ports so why complicate things? Run the DVI cables directly from the monitors to the GPU, no need for splitters or adapters since you have DVI support on each end.

Also, i'm pretty sure a DVI splitter just clones the data onto two different wires resulting in mirroring not extended desktop. There is something that looks similar to a DVI splitter, HP machines have DMS-59 ports on them which are actually 2 DVI ports in 1 so while it looks like a DVI splitter coming out of it, the source is very different from a DVI-D plug.