I'll pay if someone answers this problem

riccardi50

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Alright here is my issue: I have 2 monitors, and they are stack on top of each other so one is on top of the other. I own a business where I use a program that allows me to watch my security cams from my computer. When I put the security cams on the bottom (main) monitor, I can see the cams just fine. But if I drag/open the same cams to the second monitor (the one on top) there is no video.

Now get this...if I just change the settings so the monitors are side by side...everything is fine. I can open/drag around the cams streams to either monitor and it works fine. As soon as I switch it back to a vertical alignment, it goes back to my problem.

This is my system:
core i7-4790k
Radeon R9 200 series
16 gb RAM
ASROCK Fatality Killer

Any help would be great.

doubletake

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
By any chance, are you on Windows 7? If so, try disabling the Windows Aero effects; it's known to cause issues with some types of video playback software. If this doesn't help, it maybe just be a software/driver issue. For this, you can try to either install the latest drivers for your video card, or re-install them if they're already the latest ones.

-EDIT-
Specifically, you just need to try disabling the fancy transparent glass effects. A quick way to achieve this is to right click on the desktop, go to Personalize, and pick the Basic theme that removes transparency.

riccardi50

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

Thanks for the reply...I'm using windows 8.1
I tried a bunch of different themes...still same issue.

fantastik250

Distinguished

If possible, can you give the mode of the monitors you have. Also, describe what you mean by "vertical alignment." Does that mean you physically rotated your monitors to look like a portrait?

Examples:
[][] <---Side by side physical vertical
[] <---stacked vertical
[]

riccardi50

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

What do you mean by "mode".

Also, what I mean is the monitors are normal, just one above the other. Neither of them are rotated vertically. Their location is just one above the other. I can't put them side by side in the room I'm in.

fantastik250

Distinguished
Sorry, I meant "model."

Okay. Is your bottom monitor set as the primary display? Also, if you can get into the second monitor setting through Windows 8.1 (Devices > Second Screen), choose extend. Unsure, if you already have this setting already.