BUSH LY1511WCW TV Monitor VESA Mounting Issue

rick52975

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
I have a Bush LY1511WCW TV which I use as a monitor, I have a wall mount with the correct VESA connection, however on the back of the TV the vesa holes aren't really holes, they are located in the correct position but seem only to be small circles in the plastic. To elaborate, there is no actial hole in the back of the monitor, but 4 circles which outline where the vesa mount should be. The plastic filling the holes seems solid, so should I attempt to use screws into the plastic rather than bolts? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Are you sure that your TV supports VESA mounting?
I'm guessing it doesnt, and the reason why it has filled in holes is because its using the same backpiece as another TV which does support it. It probably doesn't have the internal structure to physically support the unit in this way.
Are you sure that your TV supports VESA mounting?
I'm guessing it doesnt, and the reason why it has filled in holes is because its using the same backpiece as another TV which does support it. It probably doesn't have the internal structure to physically support the unit in this way.

Solution

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Would not recommend using screws as the ends may damage something inside the TV,most manuals state when using the correct bolts that they are of a certain maximum length.Manufacturers use captive nuts on the inside of the back plate to screw into looks like this TV is not designed to be wall mounted.

rick52975

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
Thanks for the answers, it just seemed strange to me but the explanation that the same backplate could be used on several different models makes sense. I may try it anyway as its an old monitor. Looking around on the web I also saw that Glue has been used in the past for mounting, is this a viable option? I realise that this is going off topic a little but all help is greatly appreciated.

rick52975

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014

I'm about to try and screw it but using screw which will only go about 5mm deep at maximum. I'll let you know how it turns out.

rick52975

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
Screws worked a charm, only went in about 5mm, but it seems to hold it strong enough, I've even plugged it in and it seems to work fine. Thanks for the help and advice!