HTC Brings ARMv8 ISA To The Low-End With The Desire 510 Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovah-chan

Honorable
They could at least include a 1280 x 720 IPS panel as well. Sleek looking phone though. Still not as gorgeous as my M8 though. I don't think I'll ever get tired of just looking at. ^^"

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
After seeing, holding and feeling the M8 vs the LG G3 - which has a similar shape on the back ... I would go with the LG. The M8 back looks great, you know its metal... and the HK-Version with its gold trim looks very nice. The G3, while it has a plastic feel, the texture kind of works for me. I don't really care for the buttons on the back, but ALL LG phones have these now and yet sales are quite good.

What sells me on the G3 is the front. I've seen demo HTC One/M8s with damaged front metal faces. When I rub my finger on the screen, it grating when I make contact with the metal face (top or bottom). LG, Silver or Gold - also has these colors on the top and bottom - but they are UNDER the glass... so you get a single surface.

I still went with the Moto X because of its size, custom color (gone now), the shape and texture of the phone. The features I use on it, works for me... the camera is the weakest link thou... :(

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
It looks like repackaged Desire 310, if the price remains the same it will become popular more thanks to fact that its first one available than to the spec. I don't think higher resolution display would go good with weak GPU that it caries. Still biggest deal breaker is integrated NAND storage capacity as I don't think it will be sufficient enough for comfortable usage with ART, they should have gone with more RAM also. Still this is just the first to come of many. We will see what will concurrency pack as GPUs in their SoCs, 4G modem capabilities are no longer any premium as every major firm now have capable radios (MTK,Broadcom, HiSilicon, Maxwell, Intel{catching up} & others). Personally I don't like Qualcomm nor they business policy, community won't forgive them git take downs, lawsuits are coming in EU & RPC & Code Aurora stase is far from perfect. Real reason why I don't like them is not so good engineering (with lo end SoCs) & fact that they are not much supportive to developer community.

Status
Not open for further replies.