need comments on building my first gaming rig

SMIZZ55

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
hello guys
i am building my first pc, and i want to build it solely to play games. i want to play all the latest game in high or ultra setting. my games are like ac, fifa, dragon age, batman.and all that will be coming out later.
here is my build

CPU: intel i5 4590 3.3Ghz
MOBO: GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI
RAM: HYPERX FURY 8GB
HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Blue HDD
GPU: Sapphire R9 280 Dual X 3GB DDR5
PSU: SILVERSTONE STRIDER GOLD 600W
Chasis: NZXT Phantom 240

now i need answers to some of this questions

1) you guys think the cpu is just ok or i need to buy a better processor
2) is the mobo ok?
3) i'm still not sure on the gpu. i am torn between sapphire r9 280,asus r9 280,asus r9 280x and asus gtx 770.which one is better?
4) do you guys think 600w is enough for this build or should i go for 750w?
5) is all my component will fit into the phantom 240 or i should just go for the phantom 410?

this is my first pc guys. i am really noob. and i dont want to mess anything up.hope you guys can help me.

SMIZZ55

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
i live outside of the us. so i dont have any figure to tell you. but the price for the gpu is about the same.only if i want to upgrade the processor there will be huge price difference.but if there are things that is really essential and needed to be change, just tell me.i'll figure something out.

Alright. That looks like a pretty nice build to me except the PSU. I would recommend you go with a XFX, Seasonic, or Corsair (not the CX model). Also, I would personally go with the Intel i5 4690K. The "K" means it has an unlocked multiplier to make for easy overclocking. Again I'm not sure of cost in your area. But I like to always buy CPU's with overclocking abilities, because I feel like you can extend the performance of it. I also enjoy it. But the 4590 should still get you ulta performance on the games you want. But if prices aren't crazy, you might want to bump up to a 280x, GTX 770, or even a 290 to ensure you get nice high frames per second. The 280 you have listed will get you ultra performance, but probably around 20 fps in newer games. But again, if it is crazy expensive to go with the 280x, 770, or 290...then stick with the 280.

SMIZZ55

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
ok bruh..bout the wattage, do you think 600w is enough or should i buy the 700w? and whats wrong with the corsair cx model?

They are just made with lower quality transistors. I've heard people say they have had them for a long time and never had a problem. I personally like XFX because you get a very reliable brand for a good price. Right now in the USA, the 650 watt non modular bronze certified is only $50. But I have no idea what prices are like in your area. Corsair, Seasonic, EVGA, Antec and XFX are, in my opinion, the better brands in PSU's.