GTX 760 Dual Monitor Setup

ZeferiniX

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
I'm planning to get 2 1080p monitors for my upcoming 1st PC Build and I have a question that I've been googling for almost a week now and haven't found an acceptable answer no matter what keywords I use since most of the results are for triple monitors and the answer for triple monitors is just simply NO for high/ultra/extreme settings.

The GPU will be GTX 760(2GB) as the title says and my intended use for the dual monitor setup is big data projects, penetration testing, programming, and other CPU-tedious tasks but I'd like to play games as well BUT ON 1 MONITOR ONLY while monitoring some datas and/or browsing on the other screen.

My questions are:
1. Can the said GPU handle my needs? If no, kindly specify what might be the issues.
2. Will there be no Screen Tearing since I'm only gaming on 1 monitor?
3. What do you think about the possible temperatures if I'm gaming?
4. At what settings could I possibly play games at 60+ FPS? (State the games you play and do an estimate. I can't seem to find a legit benchmark or even opinions of people for gaming on 1 monitor on a dual-monitor setup with this GPU)

Suggestions are welcome and if you think there are possible issues, please point it out as I'm gathering as much information as I can with this GPU on a Dual Monitor Setup. Thanks! :)

Solution
1. Yup.
2. No more than normal.
3. No different to a single screen.
4. Same settings as a single screen.

A secondary display showing the desktop consumes negligible GPU resources, quite simply there will be no difference.

smangione

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
^ what he stated a second monitor puts no strain what so ever on gtx 760 i'm doing the same thing as we speak, the gpu is smart enough to only use what is only needed to display on a 2nd monitor just don't try to play a movie with blur on the 2nd monitor while trying to game at the same time XD

ZeferiniX

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014

I'll go for GTX 760 then xD

btw what do you mean by "movie with blur", not sure if I'm misunderstanding it as the game "blur" or the visual "blur" or maybe I just don't understand at all XD or are you saying I can't play a movie on the second monitor because it will drop my FPS?