Which Gaming Keypad . Logitech G13 or Razer Orbweaver?

Which gaming keypad?

• Logitech G13

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Razer orbweaver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Razer Tartarus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hyedwtditpm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
I'm about to buy one of those keypads for gaming.
there are two options:
Logitech G13
Razer orbweaver

There is also a third option . Razer Tartarus . But it has fewer keys. I'm not sure about this one.

Logitech G13 is a bit harder to find . Is this a out of production unit?
G13 has a screen which is a plus.

I havent used any of them, so i dont know the ergonomics. Also which one has better software?
Which one would you choose?

i've played around with all 4...

g13: this design features many buttons (even more than the orbweaver) and a true analog stick if i remember correctly. both would be good features if they were not flawed at the same time. the four flaws of this device are that it is very long so it can be hard for average sized hands to reach all the keys correctly. another is that all the keys can be a bit confusing to press without looking down at your keypad. another is that the analog stick is pointy and will jab into your thumb (some people mod a ps3 analog stick onto it... its that bad). the last is the position of the analog stick so so far back that it may strain your hand a bit to use the analog stick at the same time as the buttons. i've mulled over the display models for quite some time but disregarded them as a possibility for my own use because of said issues.

tartarus: new razer design based on the nostromo. it gets rid of the scroll wheel in favor of another button on the bottom row. the 4way hatswitch is now upgraded a bit but still similar to the original. i currently own this one and i do miss the scroll wheel found on the original but otherwise its similar to the old n52te/nostromo. a tiny bit less comfortable but still good.

nostromo: this is based on the old n52te gamepad from belkin. essentially this is what the tartarus is based on and was the first of the gamepads offered by razer. i've personally owned this in the past and found it to be rather comfortable for such a device. the one limiting factor was the 4-way dpad hatswitch instead of an analog stick but it still worked as i needed it to.

orbweaver: this is a larger version of the tartarus with 5 extra keys, mechanical keyswitches and a slighly different rest design. the comfort level is similar to the other razer models however its going to be a bit easy to get lost with all the keys. also it might be hard to be able to press all of the keys without repositioning your hand or for some finger lengths. i dont own this one but i have played with the demos.

...my vote would be for the older nostromo or the newer tartarus. neither are perfect but they do a fair job.