I'm buying the parts for my first ever gaming PC tomorrow. Any final thoughts on ANYTHING before I commit to buy?

Ninjamilez

Honorable
Apr 30, 2014
PC:

Intel Core i5-4690K
Corsair H75
Asus Maximus VII Hero
x2 nVidia GeForce GTX 980 (When they're released)
2x4GB G.Skill Tridant X 2400MHz
2TB Western Digital Black 7200RPM
250GB Samsung 840 EVO
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W PSU
Corsair 200R Case + Cooler Master JetFlo 120 fans (x3)

Peripherals:

Eizo Foris FG2421 120Hz Gaming Monitor (Already Bought)
GT Omega EVO Black and Red Leather Chair
Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard (When it's released)
Mionix Avior 7000 Mouse
Corsair MM200 Extended Mouse Mat
Generic Mouse Bungee

Audio:
Creative X-Fi Titanium Sound Card
Sennheiser HD700 Audiophile Headphones (Already bought)
Schiit Bifrost Uber Analogue Digital-to-Analogue Converter
Schiit Asgard II Headphone Amplifier (Already bought)

I'm not buying speakers for now since I'm debating whether or not to get some bog-standard ones or spend a lot more on a decent 2.1 setup with an amp and everything - although I can't afford that just yet.

Any extra recommendations for PC accessories that you use to make your life easier or are just worth having. Things like surge protectors, floor stands for PC case and other tips and tricks that you might know. Even software that you like to use i.e. disk defrag software, system cleaners and system maintenance software like System Mechanic. I want to keep everything running smoothly.

Thanks,
Miles.

JonCaz

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
You talked about a surge protector. This is a great thing to buy just to be safe. You don't want to be in the middle of a storm, and have a power surge, and completely ruin your build just because you didn't spend a few extra bucks on a surge protector. You're already going all out, you just as soon go the extra mile, and buy a surge protector. If you want a good anti-virus, i recommend getting Avast, I've been having it for a while, and it's worth the money, or you can get avast free antivirus and still have great protection.

Ninjamilez

Honorable
Apr 30, 2014

Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security on my laptop at the moment so I'm probably going to get another copy for my new PC. I'm looking for some other anti-virus software at the moment and comparing them to Kaspersky and Avast.