Case Modding Thread

Should I try to Mod this case or let someone who knows what they're doing do it?

• Me

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Professional

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EpicStarman

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
Hey guys. I have this old PC case that just sits around and I want to do something with it. I would want to use it for an awesome build that I plan to save for and make sometime, but there is a problem. The case is out of date and just all together doesn't look appealing. To me it looks like it has potential though and I think with a little modding here and there it could become a decent PC case. So that leads me to what the discussion is about. In your opinion, do you think that I should try to attempt to mod this case (with no prior experience) and possibly save some money, or just have someone who knows what they're doing take care of it and see how it turns out then? If the latter, then where do I find said person? If the fore, then how do I do all this modding stuff? And what would be good examples of things to modify on the case. The case is also a Dell computer case from the early 2000's. I will post pictures of it here.

Mod the thing yourself. As long as you have a knowledge of how to use the tools required your fine, and even basic power tools can be used in a lot of ways.
I wouldnt expect the end result to look pretty though. Modding cases is typically removing things and drilling holes, applying acrylic and custom fabricated parts is a bit out there. On my case I have drilled a few holes to run fan cables externally (external rad), removed the drive cage and cut away a significant chunk of plastic in my fan controller to make way for tubing runs. I have also scavenged a mobo plate and back panel from an old generic case to save for any potential scratch build I might do in the future.

Worst case scenario, you have completely junked a case that you didn't care about anyway, and you just buy a proper one like you were probably going too in the first place.

TRENDING THREADS