what is a mini display port?

imnotmagical

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
the gpu i want to buy has 2 mini displayports. A monitor i want also has 1 regular display port. i really want to use the display port on the monitor but i dont see why they would put 2 mini dp's instead of 1 dp. can anyone explain this to me? Thanks!

Solution
DisplayPort is a digital display interface developed by the VESA. The interface is primarily used to connect a video source to a display device such as a computer monitor, though it can also be used to carry audio, USB, and other forms of data.

The Mini DisplayPort, developed by Apple, is a miniaturized version of the DisplayPort audio-visual digital interface. The functionality and signals are identical.

Now, the graphics card you are referring to has 2 mDPs, probably because it was aimed for users who use multiple monitors for video editing/modeling purposes.
DisplayPort is a digital display interface developed by the VESA. The interface is primarily used to connect a video source to a display device such as a computer monitor, though it can also be used to carry audio, USB, and other forms of data.

The Mini DisplayPort, developed by Apple, is a miniaturized version of the DisplayPort audio-visual digital interface. The functionality and signals are identical.

Now, the graphics card you are referring to has 2 mDPs, probably because it was aimed for users who use multiple monitors for video editing/modeling purposes.

Solution