only 2.45 gb usable memory HP 15-r006TU

RealBeast

Titan
It is an issue with using a 32 bit OS, although the actual amount will be significantly less than 4GB for any machine it depends on the amount of hardware reserved memory -- that will vary with the particular graphic card used for example.

G

so if i install windows 7 64 bit ..... how much memory i will get in this laptop ???

i know 32 bit can only handle 4 gb ram but this laptop only shows 2.45 gb usable it have intel hd 4400 graphics

and suggest any other laptop in this price range if usable ram is less than 3.5 gb !!!

RealBeast

Titan
If you want 4GB, use a laptop with a 64 bit version of Windows and you should get at least 3.5GB usable out of 4GB, and you can always use more -- up to 8GB on that model.

You will need to use 64 bit Windows to get 3.5GB on any model that you find. Just make sure that it has 64 bit drivers on the manufacturer web site.

The HP 15-r007TU is the same computer with 64 bit Windows 8.1 and is not much more expensive, just the cost of the Windows -- the 006 comes with DOS and you have to upgrade it to Windows 7 or 8 64 bit.

G

ok thanx