Fan fin Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB broke off need help

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
A few mins ago I was cleaning my fan on my Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti one of the fins just broke what should I do? Do I need a to buy a Video card or what?

feferest

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
You should try if it's working, but it's surely working, just I won't recommend running on it too much, you won't have to buy a new card, just buy a new fan/cooler.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

I know It will work, but if fan cooling be affected due to the hole? also what fan/cooler can be used on a Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti?

you could try jbwelding it back on, but again you may run into balancing issues and vibrations. i would remove the fan blade altogether first if you decide to try this.

its also possible you could remove that fan blade altogether and mount another fan blade of similar size onto the hub. though this might be even more complicated. your fan blade might already be a generic 120mm one found on $5 computer case fans. or remove the fan blade and mount a 120mm case fan over the hole so at least your getting air passing over the built in cooling fin array.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Like I asked feferest were can I found a replacement fan for a Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti?

By the way Here the Picture of the fan and fin that broke off and the hole.
140azco.jpg

maybe you can use some super glue to and get the broken blade right back into the groves of the break point, so it sits perfectly the way it did before. then use a tiny bit of jbweld to hold it securely, forever.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Tried krazy glue it back on didn't work I could send it back Galaxy to have them replace fan, but I don't don't know it do it? I still have it under a 3yr extended warranty when I register it back in 2011.

feferest

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014

Try Acellero, they are one of the best, regarding in terms of coolers, fans and such.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Don't worry about that I bet they will accept it.

Thanks but I don't want to void the warranty when I send it back i'm trying not to do that.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Maybe But I'll take my chances with the warranty if that doesn't work then I'll buy this heatsink and cooler. I'll let you know if anything happens.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Ok I just send e-mail to galaxytechus this is what they said:

"We are sorry but we do not replace just the fan. Standard warranty is 2 years upon purchase, if it is within that period then it is likely to be covered by warranty. To request for a replacement, please visit our website, create an account and register your product, then create a ticket for replacement request. It will go to a process of approval, once approved, you will receive an email from us that contains your RMA number and the address where you need to ship the defective card."