Need Advice on Intel CPU To Get for Mobo

jLeeFellows

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
I have a Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H motherboard Check it here. I want to get an Intel CPU for my rig but I want to make sure I get one that is both compatible, strong and in my budget range.

My budget is between $100-$140 for an Intel processor right now, so I can't be looking at any i7's. I can hardly look over at any i5's.

I was looking at the Intel Core i3-4150 Processor Check it here on Amazon.
Any good? Is it capable of doing what I require down below?

I don't need the world's strongest CPU, just one that'll allow me to run what I need.

Requirements:
Able to run a game like League of Legends while I'm also running: Skype, Google Chrome, Streaming live video to Twitch.tv in HD and all without any stutter or performance drop.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7770 graphics card(will get better later).
4 GB of DDR3-1600 Mhz Kingston HyperX Dual-Channel RAM(Will get another 4-8 GB soon with new CPU).

I just need the cheapest, but fully capable Intel CPU that will run all the above without problems and is compatible with the motherboard I have.

P.S.
My computer currently runs on a cheap AMD mobo(less than $45) with an AMD Phenom x4 - 3.4 Ghz Quad-Core processor with the above RAM & Graphics card.
It can run pretty much any game even on high graphics. However, when it comes to streaming it just doesn't cut it and performance drops a lot.
I want a beast budget PC.

Well, the i3 will perform better than the Phenom, but Streaming will destroy your rig though. And Skype is pretty intensive as well.
I'm just gonna say, your budget doesn't necessarily match your desires.

Streamers usually have much more powerful computers than yours (i7s usually).

The i3-4150 is the best and the cheapest.

jLeeFellows

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014

Thanks for your reply. I will eventually save up for an i7 someday. But for now this is all I can do.

Well, yes, that's one of the advantages of building an i3 system, is you can later just drop an i7 in.
I'll just say that, you probably can do all the things you want cause the i3s are really good, but might have to scale down your settings on everything.