3D gaming on laptop using external (second-party) 3-D monitor?

dakickazz

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
I have purchased the MSI GT70 Dominator Pro-890. I own the Nvidia 3D-vision 2 kit from a previous build. I was wondering if there was any way possible (if there is, how so?) to play in 3D on an external monitor even though the laptop is not "3d ready"? I was thinking of connecting the monitor to the laptop via HDMI or VGA . Would that do the trick

Solution
Hey,

as far as I know (I've got nVidia 3D Vision kit myself) all you need to be able to use the 3D is to have a) an nVidia GPU that supports it and b) a 120 Hz monitor and c)to connect the monitor to the GPU via Dual Link DVI cable.

Edit: Well and of course you need to connect the IR emitter too, but I bet you already knew this since you've had to use it before :)

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
Hey,

as far as I know (I've got nVidia 3D Vision kit myself) all you need to be able to use the 3D is to have a) an nVidia GPU that supports it and b) a 120 Hz monitor and c)to connect the monitor to the GPU via Dual Link DVI cable.

Edit: Well and of course you need to connect the IR emitter too, but I bet you already knew this since you've had to use it before :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS