Using tv as second monitor.

Keith St Clair

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
When I plug my tv into the hdmi port it just duplicates my laptop. If I switch it to extended all my task bar videos pointer etc is on my tv and my laptop becomes a useless picture of my desktop sans anything usable... Nothing changes this.

Solution

If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to drag your video window (browser, windows media player, vlc, etc) from one screen to the other. With the laptop set as primary, you can drag your video to the tv screen and use your laptop at the same time.

Keith St Clair

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
Yes I did, unfortunately that just switched the problem. Icons tabs cursor back on my laptop but only my background picture displayed on my tv. All I'm really looking to do is watch full screen video on my tv but still have desktop functionality.

tyflikw

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2012

If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to drag your video window (browser, windows media player, vlc, etc) from one screen to the other. With the laptop set as primary, you can drag your video to the tv screen and use your laptop at the same time.

Solution

Keith St Clair

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
Yes in theory that all seems right, but it just does not work that way. Nothing can be dragged moved or adjusted excepting within the confines of one screen, the other as stated is just a pretty picture. No cursor or any way of interacting with it...