Need advice with green theme high-end PC build

AhmedP

Reputable
May 20, 2014
Hey, i might be handing my PC over to my little brother and building a new one for myself from scratch, I really want a green theme and ive a few components in mind. Budget for PC alone is $3000. i plan to run 24inch monitors x 3. It's intended use is gaming, light video editing, overclocking and basically an all rounder system.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor [$340]
CPU Cooler: NZXT Technologies Kraken X61 280mm All-in-One Liquid Cooling System [$140]
Motherboard: Im looking for something good looking with decent integrated sound maybe ASUS maximus VII formula. [$340]
Memory: Kingston HyperX Beast 16 GB Kit (2x8 GB) 1600MHz DDR3 [$180]
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive as boot drive [$90]
Storage: WD black 3.5 2TB. Im thinking maybe 2 of these drives in RAID 1. Im really paranoid about data loss. [$140/280]
Video Card: EVGA GTX 780 TI or would i need a titan black for triple monitors? I want a single GPU system and dont want to run SLI or CF. [$700]
Case: NZXT H440 designed by Razer. This isnt out yet but i will wait for it or if i find a better green themed case. [$120] For regular h440
Power Supply: AX760 ATX Power Supply — 760 Watt 80 PLUS® Platinum Certified [$156]
Optical Drive: The h440 doesnt support an optical drive so i will have a inexpensive external drive.
Operating System: Windows 8.1 How much would this cost completely from scratch?
Keyboard: Razer blackwidow ultimate. [have it]
Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 [have it] Might get razer deathadder with left over budget.
Headset: Vmoda m100s [Have it]
Also i want a wirless network card but that would be fairly inexpensive.

Total cost is $2400 excluding whatever price would be of the OS. Extra budget money might go into replacing stock fans or even corsair dominator platinum memory cuz of its looks.
Any ideas or additions to that? or have i overlooked any compatibility issues?

Mighty_Miro_WD

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Hi there,
As for the hard drive, I think that WD Black would do a great job. It was designed for gaming, heavy programming and high performance workstations and has 5 years limited warranty as well. But I would not recommend to use it in a RAID environment.
If you choose to go with RAID 1 (I guess this is the one you have in mind since it is for backup), you may take a look at the WD Red drives – they are tested and meant for NAS devices and RAIDs in particular, operate in low temperature, have low power consumption rate and 3 years limited warranty.
Here's a link in case you want to check it out:
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=810
Cheers!

Pr3di

Honorable
The build looks great, and if I can recommend some slight changes.
If you are interested in backing up your data, look into an USB 3.0 external drive.
Get some faster RAM. It`s a shame to stick with 1600Hz RAM on this build.
Stick with the GTX 780ti GPU.
The OS will be around 80-100$ (Win 8.1).

AhmedP

Reputable
May 20, 2014
Thanks Miro, I will get WD red if i set up RAID.
Pr3di, youre right i will get 2400Hz ram and thanks. Though im a little skeptical about a single 780 ti running 3 monitors.

AhmedP

Reputable
May 20, 2014
Thanks man, looks like 780 ti is the way to go. If i encounter any issues with triple monitoring, i can always get another in sli but hopefully just 1 will do.