Confusion about GPU and DVI to HDMI port. Need Help!!!

Shibayan Biswas

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
Confusion about DVI & HDMI
I have a 17" LCD 1366 x 768 Non HD Monitor. It has only one DVI (female) port on it and I use a DVI (male to male) cable to connect it with my CPU. Now, recently I buy a GPU with DVI and as well as HDMI support on it. So, If i purchase a "DVI Male To HDMI Male converter Data Cable" and plug the DVI male to my LCD Monitor and plug the other end of HDMI male to the GPU HDMI port, then is there any chance to get more better performance? or it will remain same?

Here is the link which I want to buy :
http://www.flipkart.com/jinali-dvi-male-hdmi-cable-data/p/itmdrnucqtgzcxk5

Confusion about GPU
Now I have one more confusion. Actually I don't have much idea on hardware and gaming field.
I have a Intel Core-i3 DDR3 Motherboard which shows "PCI e x16" label near the graphics card slot. Now I want to buy a "Asus AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card" from online and it shows "PCI-E 2.1 Bus Standard" on its specification. So, will it perfectly fit on my Mobo?

Here is the details of my PCI Slot :
Capture.jpg

Thanks in advance friends .!

Vexillarius

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Cables connected through adapters are limited to the lowest common denominator. So no, no performance increase I'm afraid.

The card will fit fine, nothing to worry about. Your board has a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot and your card needs a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 x16 slot, so no problems there.