Is it worth it?

bernard1

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
Hi,
I have just upgraded everything in my desktop except for graphics, i am currently running a Zotac GTX560 AMP edition, my budget is AU$200.
My question, will my budget buy me a card that will significantly improve my graphics performance and if so what would you recommend, NVIDIA or ATI/AMD. My limited experience tells me its maybe not worth upgrading just yet and to wait until i can afford a bit more or until better cards fall into my price bracket, as i said my knowledge is limited.

Thanks in advance for any help.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

You'll see an amazing improvement in gaming, especially with that i5-4670K.
But I forgot to ask if you had a PSU capable of moving from the 64W GTX 650 to the 180W R9-270X.

bernard1

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014

Yeh i have a Coolermaster 850w, quite problematic installing though, from the software restart it just black screened from the splash page. Couldn't safe mode Win8, removed everything using on board graphics started again and the same thing happened. Did the same again but used my second pci-e slot and it works fine, odd because the pci-e 1 still works fine with my old graphics card.

bernard1

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
Forgot to add, Sniper Elite 3 maxed out plays awesome. Huge card though i had maybe 2mm to spare but it runs sooo quiet compared to my gtx560