Problem with the notifications system

I've been having an issue, and it's no big deal, but it isn't working correctly, so I thought I'd mention it and see if we could get it fixed or if it's already a known issue. My notification box in the upper right hand corner has been acting stupid for several days now. Actually, for about a week. It insists I have notifications I don't have.

When I enter my followed thread area there's no unread threads there. I've used different browsers, cleared cache, logged out and in, shut down, changed settings until I'm blue in the face and even moved to another town far, far away so it couldn't find me. (Well, those last two might be exaggerations.) The point being it's off somehow.

When there are no unread threads it usually shows 1 unread thread. If there ARE unread threads it generally reads correctly, plus one extra that's non-existent. However, occasionally it's been showing like between 4 and 8 unread threads but when I go to check it out, there is nothing there.

Just wondered if you guys are aware or maybe it's just my account. Like I said, it's nothing major, but it is a minor annoyance.

Solution
Known issue. It's caused by a thread with unread posts being moved into an area you don't have access rights in.

Go to the Forum page, hit 'Tracked Threads' on the right, and click on 'Mark all as read'.