Best graphics card for Asrock 990FX M/Board + AMD FX 9590 CPU

Lee Bowden

Honorable
Sep 2, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of getting the Asrock 990FX M/board along with an AMD FX 9590 CPU and I was wondering what graphics card would work nicely with these parts.

I am looking to use the system for a little gaming, I play games like GTA 5 and Titanfall also to do some live streaming and recording.

Looking to spend £100-£250 on a card.

Also will probably have 8Gb ram to start with then will upgrade at a later date.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lee

Depends on how much of the £250 you want to spend.
Probably the current sweet spot is the R9 280, which would be my 'budget' choice, it'll run everything out there at high to max settings smoothly, yours for under 170 sovs, guv, I've got some in the van, RODNEY!
For a bit more you get a bit more performance, top choice in your price range are the R9 280X or GTX770 this looks particularly good, only 3 customer reviews but they're positive: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-045-KF&tool=3

Alpha3031

Honorable
If you have enough money, do not get the DC 9xxx under any circumstance. That money would be much better spent on either an i5 or an i7. I'd suggest going for the i5 and using the extra money for a R9 290. Far better performance.

Lee Bowden

Honorable
Sep 2, 2014
Thanks for the advice, I have been looking at those cards, a friend of mine has the R9 270x 4Gb and is very happy with it. Keep getting thrown off as I have read a lot of bad press over getting the AMD 9590 CPU. Luckily I have not bought any parts yet.

Thanks again.

Lee Bowden

Honorable
Sep 2, 2014
Hi, Thanks for your advice.

Why is the AMD 9590 getting such bad press? Would I notice a considerable performance issue between the 2 setups just doing a bit of gaming, streaming, recording and editing?

I do appreciate the advice though, whatever help I can get before I buy the parts would be great.

Cheers,

Lee

Lee Bowden

Honorable
Sep 2, 2014

Ah ok I see what you mean, I have read about this but also ready with the right cooling it will be fine. Like I said I haven't bought anything yet so will see what is about.

Thanks for your help.

Alpha3031

Honorable

If you have the right cooling, you can easily get the 8320, and OC that to 9xxx speeds.

smf412

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013

I've gota R9 270 which apparently isn't doing the job. Is it because it's only 2gb? Does it need to be at least 8gb and if so is there a reasonably cheap one that is that big?

TRENDING THREADS