on real world performance of video cards

csh0hu

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
My situation : i am more or less knowledgeable in the art of pc building although im not a tv-series-class geek when it comes to minmaxing, ive been short on money for a while and am finally getting to a point where theres some kind of potential silver lining. After being stuck with a sempron system with 2gb of ram i am now back up to the amd fx6300 and asrock 970 extreme 3 R2.0 w 4GB of corsair vengeance ddr3 1600 (single channel for now since its all about real life perception at the moment and i read from someone who sounded like he really knew what he was talking about that when it comes to gaming single or dual channel installed memory does not make the slightest difference to the human eye SO)
im still stuck with a radeon hd 5X series after my last 6970 (who was like somewhat of a jet-turbine in the bedroom mining bitcoins at night) burned out.
BTC-gpu mining is no longer an option but im still gaming.
i dont believe in motherboard bottlenecks and 4GB or ramz should be more than enough for any game IF i combine with a decent gpu/videocard , now
ive been scouting as to 'next years' card
the budget is better but the Titan is out of the question (and probably something id get AFTER i got my yaught and army of cosplaying assassin gamer chicks to fill it) , the 780TI stands top of the line in benchmarks. It's more or less affordable for someone who prefers videocards over shiny rims (since i dont even own a car)
HOWEVER (skjooz the caps) even if i would gladly built a boast-machine, the time aint really ripe for that
Hence, i submit to the wisdom of the council here. Is a 780ti worth it when it comes to real life perception. The most taxing game i play atm is dark souls 2 (which is not taxing) but lets say if i were to play the next years battlefield with stayfrostyengine 5.0 at max settings
GIVEN (skjooze the caps) that i play on one screen only : a 50 inch plasma with a max resolution of whts known as full HD (1920x1080).
Is it worth getting the 780 ti so i can max out all games for this year and the next on that setup or would a lesser (and priced less) card not even make a difference to what i perceive as performance on the setup i have.

I will gladly take any kind of advice or references through links to articles on this particular subject and please accept my gratitude in advancde for any attempt at enlightening me on the matter.

Thanks

J

(Do you mean excuse or 'scuse?)

a 780ti is overkill, the size of the tv/monitor doesn't really matter to the graphics card, only the resolution. Also a TV will be significantly worse than a real computer monitor will for playing games anyways.
You're right about 4gbs of ram being enough. (except at some max settings games)
a 770 or 760 would be more appropriate for your CPU.
an fx 6300 isn't really all that good of a cpu anyways, as most games won't use more than 1-2 cores anyways, and even though, the quad core i5s and duo core i3s (with hyper threading) outperform the entire fx series.

a 750ti can run most games at 1080p with ultra settings at a playable FPS anyways.