Does this sound like CPU failure?

MisterFuuManchu

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Basically my main computer froze when loading a game about 2-3 months ago.
I shut it off and restarted it, which led to a BSOD. I could hardly see the error code because there were tons of white lines all over the screen. I shut it off again and tried doing start up repair and it didn't work. It rebooted and then there was no display.
The computer makes no sound when I turn it on now. There are LEDs and fans that turn on though.
I tested my graphics card in another computer and it worked. I also tested the PSU (paper clip test) and plugged it into another computer and it worked fine.
I removed both ram sticks and that was the only way I could make the computer give me a beep code, which was basically telling me there was no ram installed.

I figured it was the motherboard, but now I'm worried it might be the CPU.
My ambient temps are around 75-80 and I have an RV03 case so the components weren't burning or anything. I would check my CPU temps every now and then in the BIOS and it was always under 60.

So do you think the culprit is my Asus P8P67 motherboard?

MisterFuuManchu

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

I read in the manual that the code (1 long 2 short) meant there was no ram installed.
When I have everything installed there are no beep codes at all.

masterdam17

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2013
Maybe the ram is faulty, that doesnt mean its missing but its not working. Make sure you get beeps when no ram is installed and if you do then try to get beeps with other ram..

MisterFuuManchu

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

I tried all 4 slots with both sticks of ram.
And I don't have any newer computers to test it on.
I do get the MemOK! red LED and I pressed the button to reset it but still nothing.

MisterFuuManchu

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

Yes, tried one in all 4 slots.
And yeah I've started my pc a couple times and forgot it was on.
Both fans turn on (push-pull).

masterdam17

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2013
Hmm it seems to have any other way of trying out the components you will need other mobo or ram. Is the PC under warranty? AT least the motherboard?
But by what you said about the cpu 80 degrees is a bit too much i believe for intel chips you should get around 70 degrees on load.>
You overclocked right? Whats the voltage you provided ?

MisterFuuManchu

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

Ambient room temps hovered around 75-80.
Actual cpu temps were normal at around 45-65 on idle/load.
And I don't remember the voltage or anything because I put it back to stock clock.

MisterFuuManchu

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

Ambient temp is in farenheit lol.
The CPU temps are Celsius.
My thermometer is farenheit but the computer temps were in celsius

masterdam17

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2013
Oh then temps arent bad though if you changed the voltage it would be really good for you to remember an aprox.. You know voltage can damage the cpu if too high not even depending on temps on the core but because you are sending more voltage to a circuit :S

MisterFuuManchu

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

My computer died when it was back in stock settings.
I oced it for about a week and then reset it. I oced it maybe late 2012 early 2013.
It has run flawlessly until about 3 months ago.

MisterFuuManchu

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

PSU>GPU>RAM>MOBO>CPU

That's what seems to fail the most, according to threads I've read...
I started a thread a while ago and they thought it must be the motherboard.
I tired looking at the capacitors and they all seem fine.
I doubt it's my CPU