Need help rigging gaming pc in basement

Swiperr

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
Hey,

First of all, i hope i posted this in the right section. I recently built my pc and i hav kept it in my basement becuz ther is ALOT of cool air ther and my system is fan cooled. The problem is networking. The modem in our house is on the second floor, so i bought a powerline connector, but i hav internet acess and it is terribly slow wen im surfing the web only in the basement. Wen im gaming it is completely fine but if i go on google it takes 10 years to load up and sometimes it will just say reload page or error occured. Is ther a way to fix this problem, it only occurs wen surfing the web. skype is fine steam is fine playing games its fine too, only surfing the web is a prob,

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Solution
I would be doing a serious clean. Any time you're browser homepage changes chances are it's been jacked and you've got malware. You'll want to get AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes and Hitmant Pro. Go into uninstall programs and look for anything that doesn't belong and uninstall it, then reset all your browsers to default, even the ones you don't use like IE. For chrome it's under advanced settings. Then run AdwCleaner, then Malwarebytes then Hitman. I usually do this cycle twice to make sure nothing has been missed.

Swiperr

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
Ofcourse im not using internet explorer, tht thing is a disappointment, the only thing used it for is to get chrome and thts it, i uninstalled right away. I was using chrome but for some reason some other default search engine has com up called tuvaro or something lik tht, probably my bro installed something and this became default. I cant confirm if your solution works cuz im getting a new psu but i should be able to tell if ur solution works tomorow, sorry for the delay

byza

Honorable
I would be doing a serious clean. Any time you're browser homepage changes chances are it's been jacked and you've got malware. You'll want to get AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes and Hitmant Pro. Go into uninstall programs and look for anything that doesn't belong and uninstall it, then reset all your browsers to default, even the ones you don't use like IE. For chrome it's under advanced settings. Then run AdwCleaner, then Malwarebytes then Hitman. I usually do this cycle twice to make sure nothing has been missed.

Solution

Swiperr

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
awesome it worked i did a serious clean and reset my browser so now i dont hav to do everything frm my phone again thx ALOTTT :D
I just hav one more question, there are pop ups wen i go to sites. I think this all started cuz i wanted a pop up blocker can some one recommend a software to help me with this pls?

TRENDING THREADS