Question Regarding GPU's - Rate my new computer !

Dual 9800GT's or one HD6870 ?

• Dual 9800GT's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HD6870

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Jared-

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
FIrst off let me say I have found this website to be very helpful. It's easy to navigate and I learn something new every time I get on here. Here's my question: (Also looking for rating on my computer)

- My computer -

Case: NZXT Apollo
Motherboard: Asus P6T (Not sure which P6T is is, the -SE, Deluxe or DeluxeV2 they all look the same.)
Processor: Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz Bloomfield
Ram: 12 GB Corsair XMS Platinum Edition 1333 (6x2GB)
PSU: Glacial Power 650w (Non-Modular)
GPU: 2x 9800GT's in SLI
Monitor: 46" Samsung TV

- Question -

I have a HD6870 from my old computer. If I take out the 9800GT's in my current computer will I get better performance from a single HD6870 ? I know the 6870 kill the 9800GT in single card comparison but this is the first SLI rig I've ever had and I don't know how to go about comparing SLI against single cards. (Just double the scores maybe?) Also, if I do take the cards out and replace them with the 6870 do I have to do anything special to the computer ? Again, I've never ran an SLI setup and I didn't build this computer. Bought it like this and reinstalled Windows 7 64-bit.

I use the computer for streaming Netflix and gaming. Games including CO:GO, LoL, TF2. All of which aren't very demanding for minimum requirements but, I would like to have decent quality while playing them.

I have a tendency to ramble on, so let me apologize for that.
Any information will be helpful and I appreciate any time you've spent looking.

Jared-

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. Will swap the cards when I get home from work. I dont need to do anything special regarding drivers after switching, correct ? Delete old drivers and install the new ones should be it ?
Sorry for all the questions but Im like a .5/10 in SLI knowledge.

Mahisse

Distinguished
Hehe yep.. Wanted to qoute the text but I thought, what the hell.. Everyone can use google. Couldn't find a comparable benchmark though. Why waste time writing the same thing to try to make it look like your own ;)

True,I also used that thread. ;)