New Graphics Card for I5 2500K

Herbie van Laar

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Hello everyone, i am new here but have read a lot of posts in the last years.
I am Herbert and i am from the Netherlands.
Here is a part of my build:
Processor: Intel Core I5 2500K 3.33 GHz, Boxed, Incl. Videochip, Quad Core
PSU: OCZ Z Series Gold 1000 Watt, 20+24 Pins
Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3)
Processor cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Memory: G.Skill RipjawsX 8 GB, PC3-17066, 2133 MHz, 9, Non-ECC, Kit Of 2
Case: Spire Epoxi Rev.2

I currently have a XFX Radeon HD 6850 in my case but was thinking about replacing it with this one:
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW 2GB

Can this card run without problems on my pc ? or do you have better options for videocard ?
I have a max of 150 euro to spent

Thanks guys

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
265 is slightly better than the 750 ti. The reason I suggested the 760 and 270x is that its not really worth upgrading a graphics card unless there is a good percentage increase in performance, otherwise you simply may not notice any improvement, making it a waste of money.

You went overboard on the power supply, you got a 1k watt power supply but are looking at medium range cards that can run on a 500 watt power supply easily. If you are planning to upgrade and bought the power supply for a future high end card, I suggest waiting till you can get something bigger. Your 6850 will run new games, so you may as well wait till you can get a low-high end card for 200-250 instead of a medium range card.

While the 270X is a good card, it seems you were planning on a bigger card seeing your 1k watt power supply.