Gaming Rig - What to upgrade next?

Headsh0tcJ

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my current rig, it's a few years old now and each new game that is released reminds me of this! I would really appreciate some help as to what will benefit me the most performance wise, allowing me to run games such as BF4 on Ultra and stay above 60FPS at all times.

I mainly play Battlefield 4 (On Ultra, FPS ranges from 40-80FPS) and I'm now preparing for GTA:V's release so I want ensure my rig is man enough for it :)

On with the specs:
CPU : Intel i7 3770k O/C'ed to 4.2ghz (standard cooler)
MOBO : Gigabyte Z77-UD3H
GPU : GeForce GTX 770 4GB (iChill version)
RAM : 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis Dual-DDR3 (1600mhz)
Power : Corsair 850W TX
Sound : ASUS Xonar STX
HDD : 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 6GB/s
SDD : 1TB Samsung 840 EVO, 80GB Intel X-25M (for OS)

I've not really got a budget as I will just save should I not be able to afford anything you guys may recommend. I would really appreciate if you could tell me what to upgrade first for the biggest performance boost, and then any additional parts which may help further.

On a side note : I'm running on Windows 7 at the minute but I've heard there's a considerable performance boost in 8.1, would you guys recommend upgrading my OS?

Thanks for taking the time to read,
CJ

If you are talking about gaming performance boost then getting a stronger GPU would be good like gtx 780 ti or the upcoming gtx 970 or 980 and if you are thinking what to do whit your old card and how to manage your budget then get another gtx 770 and SLI them.
I prefer win 7 more than wi 8 and i have played on both OS i have not seen any difference in fps.

Pr3di

Honorable
You have a really nice looking build, event if it`s not the latest generation.
For games, I think the most performance boost you`ll see from getting a stronger GPU.
CPU should still be plenty for all games, and the boost from faster RAM will be un-noticeable.