Eyefinity setup problems

nooneisback

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2014
So I just built a new PC and it worked just fine, I bought 2 Dell displays and connected them with eyefinity. It worked very well so I bought one more screen. So here is the problem AMD said that my graphics card (r9) supports connecting 3 or more displays without using an active DP adapter, but every time i try connecting the 3rd display it is disconnected by windows. Also Here are some screenshots:
a27uyt.png

2mcyfz9.png

261i2yf.png

Please help!

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
Are you using a DP monitor at all? You need either (A) an active display port to hdmi/dvi/etc. or (B) a DP monitor plugged in to the GPU's DP. You cannot make use of say 2 DVIs and 1 HDMI. It would have to be a combination of 2 DVI/HDMIs and one DP (A or B).

nooneisback

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2014
Ok so yesterday I managed to run all 3 displays and also managed to make an eyefinity group, but today (since my cables are pretty short) I accidentally plugged the dp cable out now i cant do anything and only 2 screens can be ran together.
Also about what you were saying r9 graphic cards can work without using any dp screens, you can use a combination of any 3 connectors.