Higher resolution vs. high FPS and refreshing rate... ??

Sep 5, 2014
I am going to buy a new monitor, between some which got 2560x1440 or some which got 144Hz + 3D... what is your opinion, I am using it just for movies and gaming?? Thanks for taking ur time.

It is going to depend. First, what graphics card do you have? Second, are you going to play anything in 3D?

No point in getting 3D if your equipment can't use it (unless you're going to upgrade that, too). 144HZ has advantages in less obvious "tearing" even if your card is only putting out 50 frames a second, but it all depends. What kind of games?

There is no correct answer here, just a question of which you think is going to be better for you.

A 1440p monitor is useful outside of games because you have a lot more desktop than a 1080p, and the greater PPI means stuff will just plain look better in and outside of games. More than likely it will also have an IPS panel, so you get better colours as well.
A 144z monitor can support 3D gaming, or just plain run at a higher refresh rate which will make on-screen action (particularly turning in FPS') a lot smoother.

Both will come with a performance hit (kinda, the 144hz more shifts the minimum level of acceptability up) so you need a card that can handle it. An Nvidia card would lean toward the 144hz as then you have the 3D option open to you (AMD has a 3D option as well, but nowhere near as good as Nv), while AMD leans toward the 1440p because they just perform better at higher resolutions.

Sep 5, 2014
I got an gtx 680 + i5 3570 non k, 8gb 1600 ram... planning to upgrade all during next year... is 3d good enaugh already on games?? I dont know anybody who has 3d monitor... i would go for that 27" benq beast in case I choose 3d with 144hz... or some widescreen maybe of 2560x1080p... or 2560x1440... sooo difficult to decide :)