Reducing static on my headset microphone?

obbler_adamson

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
So, my problem is that my microphone has a LOT of static and without mic boost you can hardly hear it.
I tried plugging my headset into my old laptop and I enabled "Noise Suppression" which works great, but on my PC I don't have that enhancement.
My audio manager is ASUS' modified version of the Realtek audio manager, which my laptop has the original version of.
I've been looking into it and there isn't a noise suppression option on Republic of Gamers (ROG) Audio manager. If there isn't a way to enable Noise Suppression on the ROG Audio Manager could someone tell me of something that could enable it or remove the static on my microphone?

I suspect it has something to do with the ROG Asus audio drivers built into the motherboard or something

P.s. My motherboard is an ASUS Maximus IV
My PC Build - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/m2dKK8

I may also consider buying a USB Headset, I heard that USB has a lot less if any static interference compared to 3.5mm which is understandable. If this is the case are they any good suggestions on USB headsets?

the static may be caused by having the gain set to high on your mic. the onboard sound on high end asus boards is typically equal to at least low end soundcards in quality so it shouldnt be noise from the board.

gain would be the lower bar found here (not circled) http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/~/media/Images/ContentImages/Consumer%20Figures/I/IG20120319_001_9.ashx

what kind of a budget did you have for a usb headset? the sennheiser g4me one, u320 and pc363d are all great. if you wanted cheaper then the siberia v2 full size are respectable and the gamecom 780 are nice despite the driver issues they were having at one point in time (not sure if thats fixed or not).

obbler_adamson

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014

I was thinking of the Logitech G430, however, I recently bought a new headset so I was thinking of just investing in a Blue Snowball mic. My budget would be up to £50, but I mainly use my mic for a) talking to people b) recording videos. xD the price of some of them headsets is OTT. I don't have much money left over from when I built my pc about 2 months ago...

About the microphone boost... I have it set to +10db and 80 volume, but when I turn boost off completely and set 100 volume, I still get static + my voice is way to quiet. I don't have any other headsets to try out on it so I need to figure out possible problems.