Any suggestions on a good graphics card for StarCraft 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonRin

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
Hey, everyone.
I'm Jon and I'm new to the Tom's Hardware forums, well actually the site in general, but I digress. Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of gaming enthusiasts out there whom could help me out here. Right now, I'm looking to upgrade to a new graphics card. I was thinking of this Radeon 280 http://, but I'm not entirely sure. So I was looking for other suggestions as well. If possible, I would like to avoid exceeding $250, as I'm a college student on a budget. Here are my system specs in case anyone wanted to know:
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
AMD Phenom X4 9600B
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 RAM
ASUS Narra3 Motherboard
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5770 (VisionTek)

P.S. I plan on adding additional 4GB of RAM to boost up to 8GB, as that's the max my motherboard will support. Also, I play other games as well such as Guild Wars, soon Guild Wars 2 and Battle for Middle-Earth. These are also probably contributing factors to your answers, but that's mostly speculation. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Solution
Definitely an Nvidia game. A nice factory overclocked GTX 760 seems like it would fill the bill perfectly.

sc2_1920_1080.gif

JonRin

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
The GTX 760s do look nice, but my motherboard won't accept PCI-E 3.0 alone; it needs to be PCI-E x.x x16. But I think I can still manage to find a card within that range while still adhering to the motherboard limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.